Become a FHRR volunteer. There are so many things that a person can do to not only help the horses but to help themselves. If it was not for our volunteers we would not be able to do the things that we do. The horses need so much more then just to be turned out and to have the stalls mucked. They need human interaction in the form of grooming, bathing, and exercising. By doing these tasks as a volunteer you will have such a reward. You will be touched by the soul of the horses and they will give you inner peace, reduction of stress, and self gratification for doing something for another living creature. This opportunity is offered to the following. Seniors looking for something to do with their afternoons, Adults with time on their hands, High School students needing community service hours for graduation or scholarship requirements, and youth starting at the age of 16 and up. Family Horse Ranch & Rescue cares for the well being of horses. This is your opportunity to become part of the family and help us with our goal to aid horses in need in the North Florida Area. Please fill out the form below to start the process of becoming a volunteer at FHRR.org . We promise the rewards out weigh the labor and you will find and make new friends, clear your mind and have a warm satisfied feeling when you leave the ranch knowing you make a difference.
We are in need of the following: updated 9/19/2016
We understand that you want to help but may not have the time to physically volunteer. There are other ways that you can help the rescue. Donate items or money both are tax deductible. Here is a list of items that the new property is desperately needing:
- Garden hoses, muck rakes, horse hay rings, your unused gardening supplies.
- Grooming items (brushes, scrapers, shampoo, conditioner, Listerine (original), grooming sheers).
- Landscaping timber, Hot wire, No climb horse fencing, Fence boards (1"x6"x18').
- Water buckets, feed buckets, hay nets, muck buckets.
- Your un-used tack and training items, saddles (english & western), Halters. Lead ropes.
- Tractor implements, Grass seed,
- Hay (coastal, alfalfa, peanut, T/A,) rolls, cubes, or pellets
- 12' corral panels and gates, round pen,
- CASH donations may be sent to 6014 CR 214 Keystone Heights, FL 32656 by check please made out to Family Horse Ranch. Thank you